Monday, April 27, 2015

Trout Doom

Ahh the elusive trout.

The woods are fresh with spring.  The sky is grey and possibly threatening rain.  The long walk down to the valley is steep and exhausting.

Ok, Ok.  Once you get there it's beautiful, I admit.

And the excitement of having a trout on the line is, well, exhilarating.

So what could go wrong?
  • pouring rain
  • getting lures stuck in the flotsam in the stream making the Dude have to continually free my line and then he'll become angry with me
  • fishing angry (you know how they say don't drive angry?  Well, they got the phrase from Don't Fish Angry...I'm sure of it)
  • My bad back acting up making me very sore and dreading the climb back up  (ok, so it's rough trail stairs but there's A LOT of them, ok, and I'm very sedentary)
  • spiders.  You just never know about those evil fuckers.
  • ALL THE BAD THINGS HAPPENING MAKING IT THE WORST FISHING TRIP EVER AND IT WILL SOMEHOW BE ALL MY FAULT.

Oh and not catching a fish would suck too.

Yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment