Thursday, March 26, 2015

Hair Dye Doom

The first rule of "Hair Dye Club" is to forget the test strip and just go all in right away.  Admit it, most of us do it.  There is no shame.

However, we approach the box of dye with certain expectations:

1.  Your hair won't fall out

2.  It will actually turn out the colour it shows in the commercials.

IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK FOR???

I guess hair dye is more like gambling than I thought it would be.

Now I'm no stranger to dying my hair red.  In fact for a couple of years now, I've been dying it an extreme fake red colour that I love.  The only problem is that particular dye is hard to get a hold of so I only do it every few months or so.  

Yesterday my hair was all faded out.  Not life threatening, I know.

I decided to try drugstore dyes again in since I won't be getting my preferred dye anytime soon. I just bought a hair dye called "Runway Red".   In the commercials  it looks all fake and scarlet...just the way I like it.  

I trusted the advertising.  

Did it turn out that way?

Nope.

Instead of being close to my signature colour like I thought it would be, it turned out a very orangey red.  

ORANGE.

Yep.  I know in the grand scheme of things it ain't no big thing.  

At least my hair hasn't fallen out.  Yet.

Hair Dye Doom.  It happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment