Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Manatee Doom

I saw a meme today about manatees and that got me to thinking about the time my house mates went on a trip in the southern U.S.  (can't remember exactly where).

They told me they were going to go kayaking to see manatees.

Here's where my brain enters the picture.

A while ago I had seen a documentary on manatees that showed what gentle creatures they are and how they are often injured by boat propellers or other water traffic.

I was immediately concerned.  Filled with doom you might say.

I pictured the kayaks running into them and over them.  I pictured the paddles hitting them and hurting them.

I just looked at my house mate and blurted out while fighting back tears, "they're so gentle!!!  Be careful!!!)

I was seriously worried about the plight of the gentle manatee.

So if you ever go boating or kayaking to see them, be gentle!

To this day we still laugh at how serious I was when I said, "they're so gentle!!!!"

Yup.

P.S.  No manatees were harmed in the making of this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment